The Campus Ambassador Program provides for interns to be hired by EOHI and its subsidiaries and work at the different office locations during the summer. Through hands-on experience and meaningful projects, interns see what it’s like to work for our employee-owned company and visit headquarters in Houston to present their final projects to top leadership.
SIT's Program allows interns to follow a sales or engineering track depending on their desired career paths.
Assist Engineering Department with 2D / 3D drawings, calculations, sizing, and adherence to specifications. Participate in on-going product advancements with senior engineers. Project examples include:
- Ace Control Shock Absorber
- Split Drum Winch Calculations
- Bearing selection, designing the pinion, developing the end cap and output housing of a Super Feeder
Assist Engineering Department with specific applications. Participate in on-going product advancements with senior engineers. Project examples include:
- Traveled to project site to complete field wiring
- Fabricators for military davit
- SOFEC motor
- Block diagram, enclosures, electrical schematic and ordered components for Electric Smokestack Retraction System
Shadow outside sales representatives on in-person visits. Learn about company processes for quoting, managing projects, and delivery. Communicate directly with customers on questions
Success Story - Wes Bacarisse
Production Engineering Manager
"I have been with SIT for 8 years now and I love that there is something different every day. There are different projects and different problems to handle which constantly keeps me on my toes to get problems solved and projects completed.